Ashtons Family Resort is a very entertaining game about the recently opened resort of the newlyweds Ashtons. The Ashtons have recently got married and in their honeymoon the most amazing thing happened: while diving in the ocean they found a chest fool of gold coins. That’s right, a whole treasure for them. Back to their home city they decided to invest the money buying a family resort, so now they will have to run the business as good as they can. There is where you, as a player come in. You have to help the Ashtons to run their family resort.
The first time you enter the game you’ll have to enter a player name and them you will be reaching the main menu with the followings options on it:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: to start playing the game with the help of a tutorial at first, after viewing a short introduction.
- Help: to access a card-style screen with help information.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can configure some game options.
- High Scores and Quit: no further explanation required.
At the beginning of the game you access to a clothes customization screen where you can change the colors of the characters clothes. The game basically consists in serving the customers as good and as soon as possible. As you make money you’ll be able to buy new equipment to improve your resort. Also, when you complete a level there will be some extra minigames to allow you win bonuses and extra money.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.99 dollars, right from the Sun Bear Games Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
• Memory: 512 MB
• DirectX: 7.0 or later
• CPU: P3 700
- It offers a tutorial in the first level to teach you how to play.
- It’s available for an affordable price.
- It’s available only in English.
- It’s not a multiplayer game.
- Use on network is not supported.